Monday, February 16, 2015

Karen's Crossing~~~God Has Your Number


Luke 12:6-8New King James Version (NKJV) are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins?[a] And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.


Like the cars of a train sometimes they can go by so quickly you can lose count really fast. That is the way it feels like with my hair. It's falling out so quickly I have lost track of the count. Not that I was really trying to count in the first place but you get the point. 

There's been many times I have been able to look at a fallen hair and chuckle that "there goes hair number 749."  As I look at this piece of paper full of what fell out tonight alone I see multiple numbers of counted hair by God himself. Counted because He promises He hasn't forgotten one piece of hair I ever had. He has my number and He has given me His. 

Tomorrow I plan to go wig shopping and I know in my heart no matter what wig I buy its hairs have already been counted by God. The same with the three wigs tucked away in my hope chest from when I was twelve and had brain surgery. God had them numbered for that scared little girl and now for this woman. 


Why is it so difficult to think God would do that for all of us. That its hard to imagine God setting a worth on us to the point He takes the time to number our hair. This is a promise from the book of Luke I have been holding on to one strand of hair at a time. 

However, shame on me though to think the thought that its hard to believe God puts that much worth on us. He has always cared and valued us or He wouldn't have sent His Son Jesus in to rescue us from our sins. Truly a much bigger disease than cancer as it affects everyone. 

Our hairs are numbered for a reason. All of our days are numbered for a reason. Cancer hasn't taken over, God is still in control. I'm glad He has my number. I'm glad I have worth in Him. 

Copyright 2015 Karen J Gillett @Pencil Marks and Recipes Publishing 

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: