Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Udder Words~~~~~~~~~~~~~Live It Out


Hebrews 4:3a For we who have believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on God) do enter that rest, in accordance with His declaration that those (who did not believe) should not enter…..v11 Let us therefore be zealous and exert ourselves and strive diligently to enter that rest (of God, to know and experience it for ourselves), that no one may fall or perish by the same kind of unbelief and disobedience (into which those in the wilderness fell).


They say it’s not the anniversary of your baptism you should be remembering or celebrating but the actual day you “repented” and turned your life around unto the Lord as you live out your new life in Christ. Same thing with believing, if you’re anything like me I’ve believed in God and Jesus all my life but just recently at the age of 54 I told myself it was time I really started to believe. In others words, it was time to live out what I had believed all my life.

I needed to start to strive for that zeal talked about in Hebrews 4 in all areas of my life not just parts of it. A good place to start was to take the definition of believing found in Hebrews 4 and then toss in the meaning of faith and trust. After stirring well I came up with this guideline to live my life by. It goes like this:

As a Christian I need to adhere to, follow and obey, and rely on God trusting in Him by the leaning of my entire personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness. Committing my all to Him and confidently looking to Him with my whole being. Believing in who He is and having the faith to know He will carry out His promises as I trust Him to guide me thru all things.”


Indeed recently through my actions, my worries, my feelings of defeat I wasn’t doing what I needed to be doing as someone who believes in God. I was shortening my “all things” list by not trusting that God could see me thru certain areas. All things such as my cancer, the salvation of my love ones, marital obstacles, the true and honest repentance of myself and those around me, caregiving for my parents, my writing skills and enduring life itself one day at a time.


Truly there was no time like the present to start to follow and obey God and rely on Him to walk us through it all. We need to lean our entire personality on God not just the part that goes to church on Sunday. The evidence against us often shows us holding back parts of our lives and it’s time we give to God our absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness.  
 

Daily we need to make the choice to approach every situation believing and trusting in God as we zealously exert ourselves and strive diligently for the rest found in God. The rest received in His grace, mercy and forgiveness. The rest Heaven has to offer. After a long journey on earth that rest in Heaven is going to be simply divine. It will all be well worth the effort we were willing to put in to living out our belief in God, walking out our faith in Him. Striving to make sure our actions speak louder than words all from the day we truly first believed enough to show it zealously, in our choices and attitudes in life.


Live it out, walk it through. There’s a rest stop just ahead! Praise the Lord.


© 2013 Karen J Gillett @ Pencil Marks and Recipes Publishing       In Udder Words Tuesday

No comments: