Friday, June 13, 2014

Glory and Praises to the King

On this day Friday the 13th day of June marks the 24th anniversary of my cure from epilepsy. Instead of happy anniversary greetings and well wishes for many more I break out in praise and thanksgiving to God for what He has done. Unlike the brain surgeon who had five hours to complete his task God's took years to perform, perfect, and accomplish.  Tasks such as the lessons God taught me to learn, the strength He dispensed, the overflow of grace and mercy I received, and for the patience He showed me.

Little did I know at the time that God was preparing me for a bigger and harder battle I was going to need to fight twenty years down the road, my breast and bone cancer.  A struggle that would have no time for pity parties, anger and why me struggles I fought during my epilepsy.

To God be the glory this day for the insight He had and the wisdom He acted upon when he took me thru the school of hard knocks. May I cherish each lesson learnt and act of love shown as something I remember not only on the anniversary date of my surgery but every day of my life. A life spent cherishing the things He has done for me both physically as well as emotionally and spiritually as well.

Praise you Lord for lessons learnt, for thy loving hand and watchful eye that was forever upon me. Thank you Lord for showing me I was worthy. May you always receive the glory due your name as my King of King and Lord of Lord. You're simply amazing.

Happy anniversary Lord and happy days to the journeys yet to come. I love you Father.



**thanks Nycol for the time you have spent at your mothers side walking with her as we endured together life's paths and daily struggles. Thanks everyone else who has been a long and lasting part of this journey. Love you all.

No comments: