Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fwd: No Pity Only Party

When you have Jesus in your life there is no pity only party. A time of celebrating Jesus and what he has for you. Recently when I found out my cancer medicine stopped working and new cancer was growing in my bones the scales were tipping towards the need of pity instead of a party like celebration. The physical pain I was feeling was unbearable only to be matched with unbearable emotional pain. My vision was temporarily distorted by what Satan wanted me to see not what God I had to say.

I knew better but my flesh was getting the best of me strictly because I gave it permission to do so. I never gave my medicine permission to stop working. I never would let my cancer have such a reign in me. Then why my other fleshly side leaning towards self pity and destruction. It can do just as much damage as the cancer. 

Because of Jesus in my life I can party and celebrate the fact that spiritually I am saved, preserved from the evil one. I have a new body waiting for me in Heaven. One without holes. One that will last for all eternity. God's grace and mercy is surrounding me gives me cause to party. I can celebrate that God will never leave me nor forsake me. The fact I have cancer that has grown does not reflect the fact that God has left me and forsaken me. Hogwash. It just makes His presence even greater to help us thru life's situations and to get us where we need to be. 

No comments: