Saturday, March 22, 2014

Apply it to my Hip ~~~~~~~~ Karen's Crossing



What is it about the morning that makes you think of donuts and coffee? This morning as I woke up to the rising of the "Don." Don as my husband. Ha ha. The smell of the sausage and eggs he was cooking took my nose elsewhere as I thought of a maple bar to go with my coffee.

Probably the biggest reason maple bars were on my mind was the fact that last night I found a scripture in Romans 5 that left me thinking as I went to sleep. This morning the thinking process continued and I added the maple bar to the thought.

Often the joke or chuckle is when someone is offered a donut to eat they immediately say, "Well I might as well as apply it to my hip right now because that is where its going." Ha ha and then they continue to eat the donut.

The scripture last night I read as I tried to fall asleep in the midst of my cancer pain told me," Moreover let us be full of joy now let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance and endurance develops maturity of character and character of this sort produces the habit of joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation. Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5.

Last night the scripture helped me fall asleep to my pain, this morning it got me thinking about how I needed to apply this to my hip. That's where the maple bar donut thought came in. In the midst of my trouble and suffering with my hip pain I need to apply this scripture to my right hip and exult and triumph.

In order to properly apply I looked up the meaning of the word "exult." According to Webster it means to leap for joy, to feel or show great happiness, to say something in a very excited and happy way. The word 'triumph' means to obtain victory, to receive honor of a triumph, to celebrate victory or success boastfully or exultingly.

Wow! How in the world could I leap for joy when I can barely walk and stand upright on that hip. How can I feel any kind of happiness when the pain I have brings so many tears to my eyes. How can I say anything in a very excited and happy way when I have to bite my hand occasionally to keep from screaming out loud in pain. No, this was one maple bar donut of a scripture that was going to have to be applied somewhere else.

Wrong! The scripture said, "in our troubles and sufferings" and my right hip marks that very spot in my life right now. I can leap for joy that I am still able to walk no matter how painful. I can find happiness in the support I have around me from those who are there drying my tears and holding my hand. I can say a lot of things in an excited and happy way, things such as "I love you" to my love ones. Telling them daily how much I appreciate them, talking to my parents and sharing my life with them in a positive way.

Yes, this is one maple bar donut of a scripture that can be applied directly to that right hip and to the spot in my heart as well where it needs to be forever and ever. A spot where victory will be obtained in eternity and honor received as my choice of a right attitude overcomes my trouble and my sufferings. To God be the glory for ever and ever.

Karen

No comments: