Sunday, July 21, 2013

Skipped Church to go to Church





Feeling on the emotional side I knew the first time the choir sang that it would put an end to what strength I had. Having traveled that road before I recognized the signs. Although my family both inside and outside the church love me I knew I needed to go somewhere alone with God.

The storms of life were moving in so quickly even a qualified weatherman could not keep up with them. Emotions were backing up on to burst through a false wall of strength only to reveal a staggering weakness and a desire to simply collapse.

Where could I go I wondered. Where could I meet God? As I got into the car a road sign attracted my attention. Smith State park it said just 5 miles north of where I was.  Slowly I followed the signs in hope of not getting lost. Finally I arrived at my destination   It's beauty captured my attention right off. God was here before me as he was the one who painted and designed this state park location.

God was here then and God is here again now with me. For each hiker that passes me by with their water bottle and camera in hand I have with me the Creator of water. The one who makes you want to stop and take a picture of such artwork and design.

Breathing a sigh of relief I said to myself why can't Gods presence be so overwhelming in my life. Detecting a touch of pity coming on I reached for my Bible to quench my spiritual thirst before going on.

How dare I not think that His presence is not overwhelming in my life as it is within the rock cliffs at Smith Rock state park. God is my rock in whom I stand upon. A rock bigger and mightier than the ones I was looking at today.

Storms may be rocking my world right now but My Rock, my God will not move away from me. His presence is there I just need to concentrate on it no differently than the hikers concentrating on the narrow trail that leads to the top of their rock where they were climbing.

God has me on a path and I need to concentrate on following Him up it. There is no time for pity I have a trail to climb to keep moving forward.

Stay close to your car the ranger told me at the park. Stay close to God my heart told me in order to ride out the storm. The only Rock in this strong storm is the Rock I stand upon in Christ Jesus. 


Thank you Lord for the oldest church in the world the one created by you. The choir was your birds singing. The message you gave was straight from Your heart to mine. Psalm 61:1,2 hear my cry O God: listen to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to you, when my heart is overwhelmed and fainting. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, yes a rock that is too high for me. 
Isaiah 26:4 so trust in The Lord ( commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever for The Lord God is an everlasting Rock (the Rock of Ages).

I'm glad I attended. I am glad I came.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: