Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sarah or Mary

With man this is impossible but with God all things are possible! Jesus from Matthew 19:26




In the book of Matthew after Jesus made the remark that it’s easier for a camel to go thru an eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to be saved His disciples were stunned. “Well then who can be saved?” they asked. Looking directly at them Jesus said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”



In other words, Jesus was telling them that there was only one way to be saved and that was thru Christ. Not even the richest of men, the poorest, the most famous, the least known, the most kind, or the meanest person could do it. It’s done thru Christ. With God all things are possible.



From there the disciples or anyone else hearing this message can both accept and believe it or they can laugh at it and brush it off. Laughing at it as Sarah did when she found out she was going to have a baby in the future. When God heard her laughing He said, “Why did Sarah laugh? Is there anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you next year at the appointed time and Sarah will have a son.” End of discussion. Sarah will have a son. PERIOD.


This same firm answer is what was given to Mary when she found out her and her cousin Elizabeth where both going to have sons. The angel told her, “Nothing is impossible with God.” Instead of laughing at the news Mary told the angel, “I am the Lord’s servant. May it be to me as you have said.” Wow, totally different than Sarah’s reaction.

We need to stop and examine our own responses to this statement from God that nothing is impossible to Him. Are we a Sarah or a Mary in how we react to the news? Do we laugh in disbelief or walk forward in faith and say, “I am the Lord’s servant, may it be as you say.”


Too often we twist and turn something that needs to remain straight forward, the fact that nothing is impossible to God. We figure if nothing is impossible to God then why doesn’t He do this or why didn’t He do that. We get skeptical when it doesn’t turn out our way and we go off pouting and doubting the truth behind the fact that not anything is impossible to God.


Too easily Satan plants a seed in heart that we nourish with our doubts as we reason that evidently something is impossible or God would have done……….and the cycle of doubt starts all over again.


It’s time to move forward in faith and know in our hearts that nothing is unworkable, unattainable, without a solution, impossible to God. We need to stop looking at the “things He should have done” and look at the things He is doing now that is beyond all comprehension on how it can or has been done.


We are talking about the One who created the earth, who put the sun and moon in their places to never go off duty. That created seasons to come and go each serving their own purposes. That made it so a sperm and an egg can come together to create the tinniest of a little person that grows into a full grown body of a man or woman.

Nothing is impossible to God when it comes to doing His will. God doesn’t work for us we are His servants. He will do what He needs to do, not what we “think” should be done. Our job is to have the faith needed to believe that He can do the impossible. To be like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego as they faced the fiery furnace. What they said to king Nebuchadnezzar was, “We do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it and he will rescue us from your hand O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” Another big WOW!

The three of them knew that nothing was impossible to God. They knew God was more than capable or able of saving them if it was His will. They were okay with that as they went on to say, “Even if He doesn’t we will not serve any other God but Him. PERIOD. End of discussion.


What kind of message or example are our lives giving out to those around us? Are we being a Mary or Sarah, a Shadrach or Nebuchadnezzar? With my breast and bone cancer God is able to save me from them but even if He doesn’t I will forever serve and worship only Him.

With God all things are possible and because of who He is and what He has done for me I’m more than willing to wait for the impossible to become possible thru Him.




Our host this day is Urailak at livingforGod. You need to run over there and see how God is doing the impossible in other people’s lives.

**Immediately after posting this I got a phone call. Not one of good news. As I dropped to my knees I prayed to the God of the possible as I know with Him all things are possible and here was my test to prove it.  Did I write what I meant, did I mean what I wrote. I thanked Him for being the God of the impossible. I told Him I'm willing to wait for Him to do the impossible in the life of my loved one. I told Him even if He doesn't do what I think He should that I will praise Him anyway because its His will not mine or anyone elses that matters. I serve the God of the impossible in which into His hands I place my loved one once again knowing they will get the best of care. These tears that are drowning my face are not tears of disbelief in God's ability to do something but ones of sorrow that there is such evil out there for us to face. Evil we have brought on ourselves thru the sin in our lives. How can anyone take such pleasure in such a horrible thing. WITH God, WITH God, WITH God all things are possible even the conquering of evil. Especially that! Yes God, I believe.

3 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Karen, it is one thing to say that we believe nothing is impossible for God. But then an actual situation arises when what we believe is put to the test. So glad that you indeed do believe and have given your loved one to Him. I want to be a Mary!

Blessings and love,
Debbie

nani said...

Wonderful writing, my friend! Whatever you are facing, I'm praying through it with you!

LivingforGod said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your heart with us! I'm praying for your situation. Hugs.