Tuesday, March 15, 2011

God's Glasses


When we align our thinking with God’s, we’re given a glimpse of what it’s like to see through His eyes. When we’re able to view our storm from His perspective …it changes everything.” ~ Be Still by Cherie Hill ~


Years ago when I was in a situation someone told me I needed to see a person through the eyes of God. Try as I might I just couldn’t do it. The vision I saw through my eyes was the same vision almost when I tried to think about how God saw them. To me the person didn’t change from my eyes to God’s at all.


Come to find out the problem I was having in the vision process was my alignment was off. I need to align myself with God’s thinking. I needed to set aside Karen for awhile in order to get a better view of the things in front of me. Whenever my vision got blurry and went dark come to find out it was me sticking things in front of me that took my sight away from where it needed to be.


The person I was looking at wasn’t going to change just because I viewed them through God’s eyes. What was meant to change was my perspective of that person, my attitude, the way I handled myself. It’s not a matter of putting on these rose covered glasses and all is well. Its more of a way of putting storm windows on your house, it’s a protection against all the things our minds can create when we view things from our own perspective.


Recently in “Karen’s Crossings” I wrote about how glad I am that some people have different perspectives of things than me. It helps when things are down and the chips just don’t seem to be falling in what we would view “our favor.” My perspective of things was I felt like I was a sitting duck just waiting for something to happen to me. For my meds to fail, my cancer to pop up somewhere else, and all the other bad things my brain could dream up.


No! Okum smokum we don’t have time to stick to our perspective of things. We need to align ourselves with God. If we aren’t where we need to be in our perspective of things it isn’t His fault. His view of my storm is the shore ahead. My view is the rough waters I’m trying to dodge right now. His view is one of victory. My view is defeat. His view is one of building me up. My view is tearing me down. His view is calming the waters. My view is panic as I stand up in the boat rocking it back and forth.


Uh, uh I want God’s glasses. As much as my mind would like to keep my perspective of things dark and dreary, I want God’s glasses. I want to see it through Him. The choice is ours believe it or not. Every once in awhile when we get to thinking otherwise we need to stop and make sure we’re wearing the right glasses, God’s glasses. Ones not covered with denial but truth, strength, guidance, love, and the right perspective of things we need to endure.


Amen? AMEN!




Oh boy, I need to go cry. Luv ya all!


© 2011 Karen J Gillett @ Pencil Marks and Recipes Publishing

6 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

You make some great points Karen! I need to put on those God glasses too. It totally changes my perspective. Thank you for participating this week.

blessings and love,
Debbie

Tami said...

I want God's glasses too! Praying for you friend.

Carol said...

During the storms in my life I have been helped by the faith of other Christians. Our God is faithful in getting us to the shore. Wish I could have a cup of tea with you.

peace and love,

Carol

cin said...

This made me giggle. I too have been told to see someone through God's eyes as His child. I was angry and said "God's child dressed up as an idiot!"

Yes, Karen, the safeguarding of hearts...mmmm yes...

Many prayers are lifted your way.

All thru Him,
Cin

Bean said...

I thought your profile was touching (my mom died from Breast Cancer), and I enjoyed your post on seeing things God's way, especially through the lens of truth.

Marsha Young said...

"His view of my storm is the shore ahead" ...well, hallelujah! Let's make for shore. :)

God bless you, Karen.