Saturday, October 6, 2012

Source of Strength

There are several ways in which we can turn to find the strength needed to cope with life. Some people use beer, others prefer candy, others use money, and some turn to the Bible for strength. If you look at the most common choices used to find strength three out of the four items eventually run out. Sooner or later they are gone.  The only one that does not run out is the strength received from the Bible.
 
It’s important to know that God doesn’t need our strength to take care of us, He needs us to trust in His strength. The strength found in His word and the promises He gives us. The promise of never leaving nor forsaking us. The promise that I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me. The promise that greater is He (God) that is in me, than he that is in the world (Satan). The promise that He who watches over us will never sleep nor slumber and the list goes on and on.
 
We have no problem buying an energy drink because we think it will last longer than a regular drink then why not pick the source of strength that will last the longest too. Why choose something that will eventually run out when we can have a source of strength that will last forever. God’s word has been around since the beginning of time. It has helped a great deal of people over the years and it hasn’t become weak in its effectiveness.
So which source of strength is best? The kind that runs out or the kind that lasts forever, I choose the kind that has been proven to last forever and ever. I’ve tried the money kind of strength, shopping to find comfort when I was upset, it ran out. I’ve tried the candy form of strength to give me the lift I needed, it ran out. I haven’t tried the alcohol kind of strength but I can bet when I tip the bottle for the last time it will eventually come up dry and so will the strength I was seeking.
 
God’s word is the way in which we need to go; the true source of a lasting strength.
© 2012 Karen Gillett @ Pencil Marks and Recipes Publishing

No comments: