Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cuddle

What is it about a nice soft stuffed animal that feels so good to cuddle up to it when one is feeling uncertain or weary? Recently as I was having to make a decision about exploring new horizons with my cancer care I was feeling that uncertainity. Grabbing my "awareness bear" I gave him a good strong hug. It probably didn't do a thing for him except rearrange his stuffing perhaps but it did wonders for me.

After drenching his head with my tears I felt a little better. The move is still uncertain but the hug of strength from my furry friend helped my spirit that's for sure. That's the way it is with God. It feels so good to be able to hug something like a scripture such as Psalm 9:9,10 the Lord also will be a refuge to the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
.
The strength and warmth I get from cuddling up to His word and the promises He has for me is tremendous. Many tears have drenched the page in my Bible where I am promised I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Truly another warm and fuzzy for a weary soul. Give me more, give me more!

I love Jesus

No comments: