Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Christ, is my YET

“Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. Habakkuk 3:17-19







Love this scripture, this one and the one in Lamentations 3 that carries the same message and sings the same tune. They both start with a list of hard times and end on a happy positive note. In the middle they are connected with a YET.






Too often in our lives we get through the first part and never get to the YET. We have our laundry list of things that have gone wrong in our lives but we stop there. In the most difficult moments in my life I found myself sitting in the middle of these two verses. I was on the first part but couldn’t seem to get to the YET. I couldn’t see beyond my laundry list of troubles. There was no, “YET.”






After several years of growing in the Lord I soon found out there was a YET for me. It was all in my attitude and my ability to look beyond the negative. An elder at the church told me once to keep my chin up and praise the Lord. As hard as it was to find a reason to praise God I searched my heart and there it was. I had found my YET.






Circumstances in life hadn’t changed I still had epilepsy, problems with seizures, issues with family members, difficulty with financial problems, and more. In the midst of my troubles Christ was sitting beside me all along. There was my first, “YET” and from there my list grew.






Though life is not budding for me right now, there is no fruit growing in it, the vines seem dead, any crop I have tried to plant has failed, I’m not producing as I should, there are no by-products of my production in the pen or stalls……YET…..I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be joyful in my Savior Jesus Christ; rejoicing in the fact that He stands and sits beside me as I journey through life. He comforts me when I need it the most. When life seems to abandon me He never has. He dries my tears, and hears my prayers. If ever there was a shoulder to lean on His was always there. He saved me when I was in danger; He protected me when I went out on my own. When I knocked on His door He always answered. Indeed it is my Lord and Savior that enables me to tread on the heights; the heights of life, of circumstances, issues, and difficulties. I can’t praise Him enough. Christ is my YET, the thing that connects me to the positive blessings God gives me in life.






I love you Lord, Thanks you Christ for being my YET.





© 2012 Karen Gillett @ Pencil Marks and Recipes

1 comment:

Miriam Pauline said...

Beautiful!!! YET is important. Love your rewrite of the Scripture to illustrate the power of YET in a personal way. Thanks for being a part of IOW today.