Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Good News



I just wanted to let everyone know I got some good news today from my doctor. The lump in my breast is gone and in its place scar tissue is forming. My oral chemotherapy medicine appears to be working. Thanks so much for all your love and prayers.


Today before going to my doctor’s appointment a lady in my Bible Study asked me if I was keeping a positive outlook on life. I told her I was. She said it was great to hear that I wasn’t allowing it to get to me or fall into a deep depression over it.


After speaking with her for a minute I got to thinking about what she said. All the things she asked me about were things I went through when I had epilepsy. I struggled terribly with a negative outlook. I fell into the “why me?” trap hook line and sinker. I attempted to quit and give in on a daily basis. For years I fought more with myself thru all these things than I did my seizures.


It was after I found out that 90% of my seizures were stressed caused that I had to end the nonsense and get to living what I knew to be true. I couldn’t worry any more, I couldn’t harbor my anger towards the situation life had dealt me. I had to straighten up and stay strong. What a wonderful thing it was back then as well as now to watch God do just that for me. He supplied me with the strength required to endure.


Life’s interesting isn’t it? Today the good news was scar tissue was forming over the dead tissue of my lump. The bad news 20 years ago was that the scar tissue from a previous brain surgery was causing my seizures. I guess you never know but one thing is for sure, the Lord is the same today as He was back then and He will be tomorrow. You couldn’t ask for a better person to travel with.

Thanks everyone for traveling along with me and keeping me going in your prayers and encouragement. As I told my sisters I may not be out of the woods yet but I do know one thing I’m in the arms of the Lord and that is what counts the most.

I want to write more but I better run off to bed, it’s been an exciting day.

In love W.I.T.H. Jesus,

Karen

7 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

YAY!!! Praising God for your good news and continuing to pray.

Bonnie W said...

Yay! Great news Karen!!!!!!!!
Rejoicing with you.

Bonnie W said...

Yay! Great news Karen!
Thinking of you and rejoicing with you.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California, USA

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You, ~Ron :-)

Kathlyn Fauchon said...

Karen,
I had no idea about your struggles. Praising our wonderful LORD for the good news!
Kate (Fauchon also known as Frances G)

Anonymous said...

Karen
How wonderful. You know everything God does reminds me of a song. This reminds me of "O God Our Help in Ages Past", and "God Will Take Care of You"
Too blessed to be stressed
:)
Love
Angela

Marsha Young said...

Karen - I am SO GLAD to hear your good news. I have been praying for you.

Please remember my nephew in prayer, as he is battling a rare form of very aggressive bone cancer. God bless you - Marsha