Sunday, March 30, 2008

When You're Reaching, Reach High


This catchy saying that found its way to my refrigerator door and bathroom mirror was there to remind me, of course, to “reach high. It was up to me to accept in my heart that I was worth something and deserved more. Staying where I was or barely reaching out was no longer acceptable. It was time to reach out as far as I possibly could with the Lord beside me to help.

The problem a lot of us have is we fail to reach out at all. We are too content to stay where we are, where little effort is needed to stay in that position. It’s up to us to find the balance between being too content and not reaching at all aiming high in our expectations and abilities.

Too frequently we stunt our own growth by not reaching for the best. We may never reach the expectations we were aiming for but it never hurts the journey to at least do our best. I had no idea at the time that I would successfully conqueror my stress seizures but I had to shoot for that mark in my life. The risk of a wasted trip was never an issue. Even the attempt of trying was more rewarding than literally going nowhere.

Reaching high for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is the best move we could possibly make. Using the bumps along life’s road to climb on to get to Jesus. Learning to trust and rely on Him not ourselves to achieve our goals and to advance to places only He can take us.

A half extended arm doesn’t work. We need to be sure that our arm towards Jesus is fully extended. When we do, we soon notice that His arm too has always been and always will be fully outstretched to us. Praise the Lord!

No comments: